Friday, June 3, 2011

Seashell Candles

Today's entry comes from my dear friend, Tessa. She has her own blog that you should check out here. She makes some of the best cupcakes ever! She showed me some of these that she had made and I thought it was a wonderful idea to showcase the seashells from her vacation..

I recently took a trip to Florida. Naturally, I came back with A LOT of shells. I knew both my mother and sister would appreciate me bringing them shells back. After I got home, I started looking at these three small ziplock bags full of shells and realized... what kind of presentation is that!? "Oh, here ya go. Yeah, just a ziplock bag full of shells. Not sure what you'll do with that but hey, it's shells!" Yeah... I didn't like that. So, I randomly had this idea to create a few candles out of them. This isn't the first time I've done candles like this. Here are a couple I still have at home:


Ignore the dust on that second one. But anyways, I decided to do something similar to those with these seashells I came back with. Here's everything I used:



First step is to evenly distribute the send into the three different bowls:


Next, I put in the candle, turning it to go into the sand:

I then started putting seashells into the candle holder, starting near the candle and working my way out.

First Layer
Second Layer

Third Layer
I then tied a ribbon around the top of the candle holder:

On the back, I wrote what beach I got it from. =)





Free Counter For site


Visitors Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment