Monday, June 27, 2011

Paper Star Decoration

I was feeling crafty tonight but didn't want anything super complicated. I had found this cute idea from The Lovely Residence on how to make a paper star decoration while on Pinterest.

I didn't take a picture of my supplies but the blog that I used has more details on how to make it. 


All you need is :
6 double sided square pieces of paper. I used 12x12in paper 
Stapler
Scotch Tape
Scissors
Ruler
Ribbon to hang it. 

From the other blog she offered measurements for where to draw the lines to cut the paper.. but I used the width of my ruler to make it simpler.
I decided to take a picture of each set that I made. You staple the little side to the large side of the other.



All done! 

 Stapling the center together was a little difficult but I figured out a way to make it work. 

 This is a little large for the front door.. but I found it a home in my room. 

I wanted to put a candle sconce here.. but this adds so much more color. :) 

The whole thing took me about an hour or so to make. 

I'm thinking smaller ones would make cute decor for a classroom, wedding reception, baby shower, bridal shower, etc.

1 comment: