Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Retirement Sign

A coworker asked me to make a sign for a woman in her department that is retiring. Of course, I agreed. Finally, a reason to use my new Expression that I got for Christmas! She bought a foam board for me to make the sign on. She wanted black letters on the white board.. Now that just seemed a little too plain for me so I jazzed it up. I used a bluish paper to shadow the black letters for the sign. I left the sign very plain since she wanted room for everyone to sign it at work. 

I'm not a very straight person so it worried me to make the sign on the foam without ghost lines. I thought of penciling lines on but that never fully erases or it will smear. I was just laying out the letters to get a feel for what I wanted when my mom suggested using a piece of ribbon as a guide.. Genius idea!!

 I used the Cricut Classic Font cartridge for the letters. 


 I used a yard stick to help make sure the letters were spaced out pretty equally. I also used it to make sure that my ribbon was taped straight too.

 The completed sign. The "8" in the date is closer than I wanted. It was almost 4am by the time I got to this point and once I put it down, I couldn't slide it at all! 

I embossed the black letters using the Divine Swirls embossing folder to make it pretty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment