Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lemon Burst Cupcakes

It's been a while since I made a blog post. I thought I'd post the cupcakes I make this afternoon. 

I decided I wanted to make Lemon Meringue cupcakes.. After looking up recipes, I didn't feel like going through all the hassle. I decided to make Lemon Burst cupcakes.

I already had the lemon cake mix on hand. I just had to pick up the lemon curd and frosting. I looked for yellow sprinkles but all I could find were the multicolored packs at my local grocery store.


This was taken after I filled them all. Two of the cupcakes had minor cracks in them and when I filled them it looked like an earthquake hit. 


I used my Easy Accent Decorator from Pampered Chef to fill the cupcakes. It was super easy to fill with the lemon curd and use to fill the cupcakes. 





Here they are after I iced them with the BC Whipped Vanilla icing. It's not my best job but I was in a rush.





The cupcake that isn't iced is for James. He doesn't like buttercream icing and requested his like this.

They are really yummy and would be great for a summer picnic.



This is the wonderful cupcake carrier I bought a few years ago. I was just starting to make cupcakes frequently when I found this at my local grocery store. I used it take treats to my boyfriend and his roommate when he lived in the dorm for four years.  You can use the bottom piece to bake the cupcakes but I prefer to use two muffin pans so I can bake them up at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment